ClassPass classes are pretty much the only hobby I’ve stuck to in my life. I’ve been a member for over three years (basically since they launched!) and still have a love affair with the company. Here are my favorite studios that I fancy on the reg:
- Karma Yoga: A brand spankin’ new studio in the Marina, Karma yoga hosts the best teachers in SF and the hardest fitness class I’ve ever taken in my life. “Inferno Pilates” is an hour long hot pilates class, but don’t let the name fool you, this is just as much of a bootcamp/HIIT class than it is pilates. I’m am obsessed.
- BodyRok Lombard St: Kick. Butt. Spinning. They’re totally copying SoulCycle over here with their dark room, candles, and hot rooms temps, but they’re doing it right and I’m loving it. This studio has a huge range of instructors and teaching types but I’ve never met one I didn’t like.
- Core40: This boutique megaformer pilates studio keeps your entire body shaking for the quick 40 minute classes. The teachers and vibe here is always cheery and the students that attend are unpretentious and friendly.
- Burn SF: With tons of locations around the city its easy to switch it up and go to either a studio close to home or the office. It took me months into my membership to try Burn and I was bummed it did since I ended up loving my first class here and have been back multiple times since. Burn has all shapes, sizes, genders and abilities in class which makes it a different work out each time I go. The main idea is working out using an on-wall pilates board combined with weights and bursts of cardio (Yes, burpees. Hurts so good).
- Uforia Studios Nob Hill: Uforia is a dance, grit and cycling studio. I’ve only done cycling here because, with ClassPass, only having 3 classes a month, I like to cycle as much as possible and wouldn’t want to waste one of my classes on something other than that (what can I say, I’m stuck in my ways. Gotta get my butt to a grit class sooner or later)! Uforia cycling classes have a great, friendly vibe. They welcome newcomers with free water bottles and a free shoe rental, my friends I’ve taken here have really appreciated that. There instructors are vibrant, upbeat, and have amazing music. If you’re new to cycling this would be an awesome place to start. Oh, and did I mention Mymy, the fantastic brunch restaurant is right next door? Post Uforia sweat sesh mimosas are always a good idea. See you on a bike!
- Proworks: This pilates chain can be found all over the Bay Area. No matter the teacher, you can always count on a consistent workout. You won’t be too sweaty leaving, but you sure will see the results of your newly tones arms and constant sore legs if done regularly.
- Barry’s Bootcamp: I love to hate you, Barry’s. Or is it Barry? Who even is this torturous man who is the name sake of this place?! You’ll be sore for days, you won’t even know what body part is getting tired or hurting during this 55 minute workout because they will ALL be tired and hurt. Treadmill runs incorporated with butt, arms, legs and ab workouts on the floor make up the workout. If you need to be bikini ready in a months time, go here and you won’t have problem, but you will have a sore butt.
- Vertical Method: Want a personal trainer without the extra $? Run your toned little booty here now. This studio holds classes up to 8, but early morning classes I usually attend rarely have more than 4-5 people in them, it’s literally a personal training session at a fraction of the cost. On top of the great class sizes, Vertical Method is revolved around a pole, which, looks much like I’d image a stripper pole to look like, not a horizontal ballet class like regular Barre classes. The point of having all of the exercises in this class revolve around the Vertical, 90 degree bar is to solely focus on posture. Yup, just sat up a bit after I typed that last sentence!
- Ritual Hot Yoga: I’m not into yoga. I so wish I was, I’m a wanna-be yogi that will never be! I get bored. I’ve tried them all and I just can’t get into it! Ritual is another story. With their dark rooms, fast-past classes, complimentary mats, and upbeat music – this place wins me over every time. You’re body will feel cleansed from the amount of sweat by the end, and your mind will thank you. Let’s not forget about the mini neck massage the instructor gives each person at the end..ah!
See you in Class 😉