I’m a list girl. You’ll find about five different notebooks on my desk, sticky notes on everything, and notepads scattered around my apartment. I’m major type-A and like to remember everything that comes to mind, whether it be to remember the almond milk at the grocery store, or writing a note before bed so whatever’s on my mind won’t keep me up at night. Here’s my go-to list for my carry-on bag for travel days.
Noise Canceling Headphones. My Bose Headphones have saved me on countless flights…what screaming baby?!
AAA batteries for the headphones. It’s the worst if your headphones die mid-flight.
Portable iPhone charger. A lifesaver for a dead phone post-landing, keeping you from calling an Uber, or perfect if your adaptor isn’t working at your international destination.
Nuts, Rx Bars, Tillamoo cheese squares, GG crackers, or Boom Chicka Pop Popcorn. Snacking makes the time go by faster, but I always try to keep it semi-healthy with food that won’t make me bloated or extra thirsty. If you’re traveling on a long-haul flight, always bring one full meal. DO. NOT. EAT. PLANE. FOOD. My go-to is a brown rice veggie sushi roll.
Tea bags – most airlines only serve cheap black tea. Always bring your own and just ask for hot water. It’s a comforting way to relax you, while helping prevent digestion issues and dehydration.
Large water bottle if the flight is more than an hour. I try to finish this, along with taking the flight attendants up on the water offered every time they come around. Hydration while flying is imperative.
Small thin blanket. You never know if a plane will be sweltering hot or freezing cold. This is comforting to have if you want to sleep, or if the temp is uncomfortable. All of my friends make fun of me for my “baby blanket” – which, by the way, is the perfect sized travel blanket, but everyone’s always trying to steal a corner! Also great for Airbnb’s that may be unpredictable with bedding, or scratchy hotel sheets.
Fuzzy socks, or hotel slippers. I take my shoes off immediately and put these on for extra comfort.
Straw hat if I’m going somewhere tropical. Wear this on the flight so its not getting squashed in your checked bag.
Clear, plastic zip toiletry bag where I store the following items for easy access:
- iPad/phone/iWatch chargers
- Skin wipes for freshening up after take off or landing
- Disinfecting wipes, perfect for cleaning your seat area, tray table, and hands
- Organic Rosehip Oil, which I apply after I immediately take my makeup off with the wipes on a flight that’s 2+ hours – this seriously hydrates my skin and keeps redness to a minimum, I swear by this stuff and also reapply when I get to my destination
- Small hand cream, so dry on planes!! I’m a broken record on this ☺
- Travel tooth brush and tooth paste
- Hand sanitizer
- Zip lock with Advil/medicine I may need on the trip, never put essential medicine in your checked bag
- Ear plugs
- Eyemask – my biggest pet peeve is when the person in the window seat doesn’t close the window for hours after take off!
- Vital Protein Grass-Fed Collagen packets to regulate my body on early flights. I add this to coffee every morning at home and like to keep my routine as normal as possible on travel days
- Extra hair ties